Friday 2 October 2015

New food !

This may be a surprise to some of you given my slim girl-ish figure but I actually love food.  I would be what one would call a self proclaimed foodie.  I mean I have quite discerning taste, and I make a point of keeping my sniffer on the ground to find new and delicious treats.  So you can imagine my excitement when Royal Canin launched their new food with different "aromatic profiles".  What could sound more delicious!  I currently enjoy their Gastro line because my mommy seems to think I have a sensitive tummy.  I guess I should admit that the odd thing I pick up off the ground doesn't exactly sit right.

Then I found out the food is especially for animals with kidney problems.  For real?  I was salivating at the thought of all these new flavours and now I can't be the one to enjoy it.  My mommy says this should make me happy, because it means I have a pair of kidneys working in tip top shape, I suppose I must just live viacariously through my dog and cat friends whose kidneys are suffering from a little wear and tear.

So what does "aromatic profiles" mean?  There are two new dry foods and three new canned foods for both dogs and cats.  And the kibbles even have different shapes just in case certain pets prefer one shape over another.  But they all have very different smells - hence "aromatic profiles."  Ever feel nauseous then get turned off a certain food?  Such is life for our poor friends with kidney disease.  Sometimes they feel nauseous and then they get turned off their special kidney diets.  And what could be worse?  The kidney diets are the most important tool our doctors have for managing thier disease!  This way if a food aversion develops, there are other foods now available that smell totally different.

So here I am checking out the information about the new diets, and a close up of what they look like.  If any of you have new questions about the new foods I am now up to speed so just give a ring and Michelle will put me on the line.




Toodles - 

Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.